Tales of a Yankee Hobbit

On the life and mind of a traveler in Divaland. Think Samuel Pepys plus Anaïs Nin plus mid-life. Or not.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Claremont, CA, United States

I am a singer of the soprano variety who thinks. A lot. I also read and rant. Single and aunt-y. Why Yankee Hobbit? Because I'm from Buffalo, NY and my Mom once called me her little Hobbit because of all of my adventures.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

News of the Anticlimax

Yes, I voted. It would have been hypocritical of me to do otherwise. I hope you did too. When referencing the actions of voters of my political stripe, a friend of mine calls what I did this morning "pissing in the wind." So be it.

Rumor has it that the Dems took the House. I have but three words for my new Peeps-In-Charge: Don't. Screw. Up. You have been given a sacred trust and an opportunity to foster sanity and common sense in the public discourse. Oh, never mind.

Perry got re-elected. Omigod! Are you kidding? I never thought— right, never mind.

In other news, Britney Spears apparently finally got around to that pesky divorce filing. When the impending divorce of one of America's most visible "stars" gets buried on CNN's waaaayy at the bottom menu, you know that it is not really news. File it under, "saw that one coming from a light year away." My only question is, what the hell took so long? In fact, what possessed you in the first place? I ask the same of Whitney Houston. Again, oh, never mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger josh williams said...

Men are pigs...Doh!

12:17 AM  
Blogger YankeeHobbit said...

Ah, so I hear...

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home