Tales of a Yankee Hobbit

On the life and mind of a traveler in Divaland. Think Samuel Pepys plus Anaïs Nin plus mid-life. Or not.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Claremont, CA, United States

I am a singer of the soprano variety who thinks. A lot. I also read and rant. Single and aunt-y. Why Yankee Hobbit? Because I'm from Buffalo, NY and my Mom once called me her little Hobbit because of all of my adventures.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th indeed...

Now, I am not the suspicious sort. Well, actually I am. But I am not usually superstitious. I didn't even think about it being Friday the 13th until someone pointed it out.

But now that you mention it, what better day for:

- A totally freak snowstorm shutting down my hometown of Buffalo, NY. Yes, I know we get snow, but not in October. And certainly not 2 feet in a day when just a few days before it was 60 degrees.

- An equally freaky Houston cold front that had us in the 60s this morning. Ok, not so much freaky as freaking great.

- Losing a cell phone not once, but twice in the same day? Lost by my mother's definition of, if I don't know where you are you are lost?

- Getting stalked by a killer mylar balloon which had heretofore been quietly residing (ok, lying in wait) on my dining room ceiling. It had begun to deflate; I presume the prevailing winds in my apartment kept it moving ever closer to me in different rooms. Eventually it met up with the ceiling fan. Again, not once, but twice. And it being a ceiling fan in my apartment, it had rather a nice build-up of dust. Dust which is now spattered all over my bed. Did it die? Of course not. I had to commit murder. But it was self-defense, officer, I swear!

- Speaking of balloons: the helium birthday balloons carefully inflated and released by the Maestro and myself in the Übermezzo's studio all falling by this morning? I'll just bet the helium was cut with some other nefarious gas. We are in the midst of a helium shortage, you know.

I'm just sayin'...

2 Comments:

Blogger josh williams said...

I clicked on the next blog and yours popped up. Much more refined than mine kudos, nice site...plus my site was destroyed by guest bloggers so I am just roaming till I either rebuild my site or buy another. Kind Regards Josh

PS: This was a odd day,I have watched many a Friday the 13th come and go but today was much more odd than I am used to...Thanks for the company, I need to turn in for work is on my schedule tomorrow.

11:15 PM  
Blogger YankeeHobbit said...

Sorry for missing all of your comments. I have been neglecting this particular corner if the interwebs! Take care.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home